Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tennessee Mission Trip

What an ABSOLUTELY fantastic mission trip! 13 men from my church traveled to Hancock County, Tennessee, which is the poorest county in the state. We worked with New Freedom Baptist Church and built a porch, stairs, and a bathroom.

I would estimate from driving around the countryside that the majority of the churches and homes we saw outside of town are using outhouses! Let me stop there and say that I DID NOT use it! Haha...of course many of our men did and we even "accidentally" left one guy in the outhouse in the dark! The rest of us left for the cabin. We didn't know till later that "hey anybody see Joel"....haha I am just glad he forgave me. I have never left a person behind before and that includes taking children on trips, youth on trips, and adults to Ecuador, England, and Romania.

You could have not put a better group of guys together! The guys are already talking about a doing another trip. I am so PUMPED about what God did through our men on this trip. Because of their efforts a sister church can better meet the needs of their members and visitors and provide a better atmosphere for growth.

Here are some pictures of before and after. I can't wait till the next trip!









No comments: