Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Great Evil: Cancer


As many of you know I am dealing with a family member who has cancer. I am not going to release the name, the individual may not want it broadcast over the Internet. It has been a trying time for my family, especially for my wife. I see the effects that it has on cancer patients and see the effects it has on the families involved. It is very personal for me right now. I think one of the greatest problems that we face is the unknown. What will happen, will something tomorrow, next week, and how will I face it.

Cancer has ravaged my church family. Almost every week we have a new church member who has been diagnosed with cancer. I get emotional over the issue as I see Godly men and women and their families struggle over cancer.

Have we done enough to combat cancer? Is their something I as a pastor can do? Do I need to be talking about preventive procedures from the pulpit? What can I do? It is a struggle for me.

No comments: