Wednesday, November 21, 2007

10 Budgeting Tips

A Friend sent this to me....tell me what you think!

10 Budgeting Tips...
We are in full blown budget mode at Calvary Fellowship. I've seen more calculators in the last week than I have in the last 2 months around the office :)

Here's a few thoughts I'd share to church leaders about budgeting for 2008:

1. Remember that God's vision is bigger than yours (Eph. 3:20)

2. Remember the widow's mite (Mark 12)

3. Money spend on evangelism is not an expense, it's an investment (Matt. 28:19-20)

4. Ask, "Is this a want or a need?" (Phil. 4:19)

5. Am I being generous to missionaries and other organizations doing important kingdom work? (2 Cor. 8:7)

6. Is the staff being compensated fairly? (1 Tim. 5:18-19)

7. Am I maxing myself out in my new budget and limiting what God can do through me? (Prov. 24:3-4)

8. Is our vision seen in what we are investing in? (Hab. 2:2)

9. Are the poor factored into the budget? (Lev. 25:35)

10. A budget is only a plan and God can change that any time He wants (Prov. 19:21)

No comments: