Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Angel's Touch

Angels Touch

Although I cannot see you,
I feel your presence here
The comforting feeling that surrounds me,
assures me you are near

You’ve come to take my hand,
and release me from this pain
My body is giving up,
no longer able to take the strain
For years I fought with dignity,
I swore I’d prove them wrong
It was only your love and strength,
which kept me going strong
Your no longer by my side,
it was me, who begged you not to stay
I knew you could not handle this,
this day when I went away

I’ll take with me the memories,
and the love that we two shared
I’ll forever remember you smiling face,
and your blue eyes which showed you cared
I’ll remember your ever gentle touch,
and the sweet smell of your perfume
I’ll take every memory made with you,
as I leave this earthbound tomb

I’ll take my place among the stars,
and join the countless others
Those of us who are looking down,
watching over our sisters and brothers
So please don’t shed a tear,
when you find out that I’ve passed
I’m just another angel, in the army that Gods amassed

I know you want to be here,
standing right by my side
But I don’t want your last memories of me,
to be of the day I died
Don’t you worry baby, thru your memories,
I’ll forever roam
For God has sent and Angel, to bring another warrior home

Written by Jan Bagwell
More poems can be seen at www.janbagwell.blogspot.com

No comments: